Straight through processing & lean management
UMAX’s integrated principles for lean management and straight through processing give utilities the necessary tools to focus on “what really matters”. Instead of monitoring full processes, UMAX unified logging helps to concentrate on the exceptions only and re-orient people and time spent on quickly resolving those exceptions. In this way, UMAX not only guarantees efficient operations, it’s also the best assurance for managing your working capital.
Efficient processes and operations with UMAX
Incorporated 6sigma & lean management principles
UMAX’s integrated principles for lean management and straight through processing™ give utilities the necessary tools to focus on “what really matters”. The straight through processing™ principle, integrated into UMAX standard L3 processes, is based on the 6sigma management model.
The underlying idea: One small inaccuracy in a single process could lead to a multitude of tasks to rectify the situation… generating workload, frustration amongst your employees and costing utilities money, as time is spent resolving the situation. Just imagine this small inaccuracy occurring in your billing processes… the impact could be far worse!
UMAX’s straight through processing and the integrated standard L3 utility processes are set up in such a way as to:
- have processes run as efficiently as possible
- organise workload in a transparent way, clearly defining roles and tasks
- limit time & money spent on internal processes
- reduce the risks of errors (exceptions) occurring
- focus on the quick resolution of exceptions (if they occur)
- transparently escalate exceptions occurring throughout the organisation
- guarantee operational margins by limiting overall costs
One of the strong points of UMAX is unified logging. Unified logging helps to:
- focus on the exceptions only (if they occur)
- re-group types of exceptions into a single ‘case’
- re-orient people and time spent on quickly resolving the exception.
To get an idea of the full force of straight through processing/unified logging and the 6sigma management model, look at the following example.
To be able to operate smoothly and to guarantee such a modus operandi, it is necessary to firstly identify the value-adding processes within your utility. Then all critical process steps must be clearly mapped out and - last but not least - these critical steps need to be monitored closely. Clear escalation paths need to be set up in case exceptions do occur. All of this is covered by UMAX! So UMAX not only guarantees efficient operations, it’s also the best assurance for managing your working capital.
UMAX = your guarantee for smooth operations!